Articles may contain affiliate links. If you click a link and buy a product, we may receive a small commission. Thanks for supporting us!
by Scott Johannes, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Meta For All contributor
Help others by improving this article! Support the product by trying it, discuss with the community how it helps or write a review. Share this page with your story on social media.
Top things this product may help with (this list grows with community input):
- Weight Loss – Feels like playing a game, but the body is actually doing fast-paced, repetitive, calorie burning body movements
- Energy Level – Slashing note boxes to the beat for entire songs can help improve stamina
- Reaction Speed – Timing body movements to be rhythm with the song helps improve dexterity
- Mental Clarity – Users have reported playing the game has improved their mental clarify and focus
- Mood – Users have stated improved overall mood after play
- Anxiety – Playing has been reported with a decrease in feelings of anxiety
- Cerebral Palsy Management – Users have stated playing has help with the following things associated with CP
- Muscle Stiffness – Body movements reaching for and slashing notes can help relax muscle tone in typical CP-associated stiffness areas
- Balance – Leaning and reaching during play can improve overall standing balance
- Coordination – The timing of body movements to accurately slash the notes helps enhance coordination
Positive things the community has to say:
- “I get such a great workout it helps me relax and sleep so good at night. Plus it’s so much fun I literally feel like a teenager inside.”
- “Music has always been just a natural therapy for me…and Beat Saber truly has become a way to breath new life into a lot that I had forgotten.”
Fun Note – There is a large community of users that create custom songs for playing in Beat Saber, guaranteeing an endless supply of experiences.